Today's digital marketplace makes it easier for consumers to purchase our products from countless aftermarket dealers. While this is a definite plus for the distribution of our product, one of the negatives of this is that product information fed to consumers is not always accurate. By building and submitting our product and application data to the SEMA Data Coop for distribution, we have complete control over the product data that is supplied to jobbers and online dealers. This ensures that the product information and digital assets used by these resellers is uniform worldwide.
ABOUT THE SEMA DATA CO-OP
SEMA understands what a challenge it can be to manage product data, whether it is weights and measures, accurate descriptions, current pricing, UPC codes or application data to power vehicle specific parts look-ups. That’s why we have undertaken this challenging project to create the definitive, industry owned and operated centralized data repository, complete with a comprehensive set of online data management tools.
We believe that all Suppliers should have direct ownership of their product data and that it should be configured and stored in the accepted industry ACES and PIES standards. The SDC provides a full-time Data Lab to assist Suppliers in the onboarding process, and our user-friendly system validates standards compliancy. Once their data is securely stored in our data repository, customers have the ability to receive data exports in any custom or standardized format required to power their internal warehouse, retail and Internet systems.
SUPPLIER (MANUFACTURER) SERVICES:
- Full Data Lab support throughout the process
- On-boarding of Supplier data from any format electronic file (even an excel spreadsheet)
- Stringent validation processes ensure data meets SDC requirements
- Data is stored securely in industry standard PIES and ACES formats
- Unlimited exports to all approved Receivers at no charge to the Supplier
- Permissions based exports ensures that data is given only to approved Receivers
- No extra fees for special Receiver requirements
- One low fixed monthly fee ranging from $150-$600 per month for total participation in on-boarding, validation, secure storage and unlimited standard or custom exports. No setup fees or added charges!
- Unmatched Speed-to-Market to deliver your updates and changes in near real time
- Your data included in SEMA Search for use by WD’s & retail sales people for product reference
RECEIVER (SELLER) SERVICES
- Full Data Lab support throughout the process of creating your exports
- Unlimited data exports from approved Suppliers is FREE to SEMA members!
- Custom export configurations available to fit any Receiver requirements
- Web services to power internal business applications, POS systems and web sites
- Scheduled bulk exports or data on demand
- Instant updates available, as soon as a Supplier makes a change
- Free access to SEMA Search
- Free API integration to access the SDC data repository real-time
- Suppliers maintain complete control and ownership of all data
- “Do it once” solution consolidates effort and minimizes expense
- With virtually no barriers to entry, all Suppliers large and small can join affordably
- All inclusive, always on, centralized storage & distribution point for industry product data
- Development and initial operational expenses underwritten by SEMA
JOIN NOW AND DECLARE YOUR “DATA INDEPENDENCE”!
If you are a manufacturer or Supplier of automotive parts and accessories, contact us today to learn how we can help “get your data house in order”. Whether you have XML ready PIES and ACES files to send us, or you don’t know where to start, we are here to help.
Warehouse distributors, retailers and e-tailers should contact us now about your data needs and get signed up as an authorized data Receiver. Be sure to talk to your Suppliers about joining the SDC!
The SEMA Data Co-op is truly a collaborative effort to bring Suppliers and Receivers together to sell more parts and grow your business. We look forward to serving you!
Vice President, Marketing
Hedman Performance Group
LUVERNE has a dedicated data team that is committed to creating rich content for our customers. SDC provided all of the tools needed to achieve the Platinum level. The Data Lab staff are knowledgeable and always willing to help. Their partnership with Cellacore and the ProductDesk Product Information Management platform made attaining this level quick and easy.
Customer Integration and SharePoint Manager